It is at 650 mph and 3700 feet that I begin my first blog entry – currently it is about 3:20 am in Fort Collins and I am flying over the Atlantic Ocean just off the coast of Iceland. The flight has been really enjoyable so far – I don’t know if I can fly United again after flying British Airways, I think it was the complementary toothbrush and socks to wear around the cabin that sold me. I didn’t even mind when I bent down to readjust my backpack and the drink card rammed into the back of my head.
One of the stewards, in a thick British accent announced that “This evening there would be a slight change in the entertainment programming: on channel 4 we will be playing ‘the sisterhood of the travelling pants. That should be interesting…” he said sarcastically. It wasn’t all that bad of a movie. We were served dinner which consisted of pasta ravioli, spinach salad, a bread roll, a chocolate Oreo cheesecake for desert and a Cadbury chocolate bar. I will be meeting the Middlesex University orientation team in London in about an hour and a half – the cabin lights just popped on, so its time for breakfast.
Thursday, September 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Duncan -- love seeing your photos and reading the commentary. Keep posting your experiences and the photos. Looks like you are having a grand time in the UK. Dr. Pete
Post a Comment